Tuesday, August 30, 2011

jewelry stores : the jewelry channel

jewelry stores : the jewelry channel
- This is a great channel on DirecTV #226. They do "reverse bidding" which means it starts at one price, people bid, price drops until it is sold; sometimes to $1.00. They have less than 20,000 viewers that have registered but their quality is outstanding and you can't beat the prices! Check it out

- I would like to point out a security flaw with TJC's website. I pointed this out to them, but I don't think they'll do anything about it.

When logging into the site (whether it be HTTP or HTTPS), your login and password is sent via a "GET" response to their server. so, that means that your login and password/PIN are being sent IN THE CLEAR over the net. URL's are NOT encrypted.

If you view the source of their homepage, you will see this piece of code:

xmlHttp.open("GET", "/LoginbyAjax.aspx?Uid= "+uid+"&pwd= "+pwd , true);

Forms posted via GET are not secure...use caution when logging into this site. I suggest calling in your order.

Plus, if you do not specifically go to "https://www.tjc.tv ", you are using an unsecure connection when logging in. I haven't bought anything via the site, so I don't know if the piece where you enter your credit card info is even secure or not.

- I've ordered from TJC from the beginning and have gotten some very nice items that appear to be good quality, but I haven't had any appraised. The only problem is when I try to bid on a Web Drop item, the order form doesn't show up, so I lose the order. I've called customer service, but it hasn't been resolved. They have called me a couple of times to let me know about problems, which makes me feel better about their honesty. All in all I think they are okay, but they have started selling a lot of 10K jewelry, which makes me wonder. They have gone up on their prices, so don't worry about how they sell items lower, some things they can just let go at a lower price, but not that often any more.

- i am a new customer, but so far i am quite happy. so far, the couple of pieces i have received have been beautiful, and arrived quite fast. So far, my experience with customer service has been good. I also have ordered, along the same time i found this channel, from another similar network. I am sooooooo not happy with them. The pieces look large, u get them, and they are so tiny you can barely see the gems. So i am am sending most of theirs back!!! I thought "great, i bet this other place is the same way" to my great enjoyment, The jewelry channel has had beautiful gems, they are the size they appear to be, and they sparkle and are beautiful in appearance. So, i think that so far, i will stick with this channel, They've exceeded my expectations to this point

No comments:

Post a Comment